Living Life Programme: Supporting People Living with Secondary Cancer
This 8 week education programme provides an opportunity for men and women living with secondary cancer. This programme provides information and education to support better physical, mental and social wellbeing. Topics covered include;
To find out more about these programme, please contact the centre.
- Understanding your psychological response to having a secondary diagnosis of cancer
- Physical activity and Coping with Fatigue
- Stress management, Relaxation and Complementary Therapies
- Treatment options- Current and Emerging Treatments for Secondary Cancer
- Diet and Nutrition
- Intimacy and Relationships- Understanding and dealing with physical and emotional difficulties
- Supporting communication within the family and with healthcare professionals- particularly looking at communication with children and young people when a parent or significant adult has a cancer diagnosis.
- Moving Forward- long term survivorship and supporting one another